HOLDING COMPANY IN IRELAND
Ireland is considered to be a very attractive ‘holding’ company location with many benefits for international business. The main tax advantages and incentives of an Irish holding company are as follows:
- Low corporate tax rate incentive of 12.5% on trading profits, without limit
- Finance Act 2011 introduced an extension to the 0% corporate tax rate incentive for new start-up companies for the first three years of trading
- Dividends received by an Irish holding company from trading profits of a subsidiary are generally taxed at 12.5% corporation tax
- Limited transfer pricing legislation which only applies to large companies
- Capital gains tax exemption incentive for disposal of shares in a subsidiary company subject to certain conditions
- Extensive double tax treaty network
- The ability to combine trading activities with its holding company function
- No ‘Controlled Foreign Company (CFC)’ or ‘Thin Capitalization rules’
- Low capital start up costs
Please call or email us today if you need further information on setting up a holding company in Ireland or on any of the above.
To arrange a free consultation or to use our free online query and advice service click here.