INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REGIME
Ireland's Intellectual Property framework is considered to be one of the strongest in Europe. The main legislation seeks to protect patents, trade marks, copyrights and designs. It provides for many taxed based incentives for expenditure on IP.
The range of assets qualifying for relief is extensive, and includes brands, trademarks, copyrights, publishing rights and patents. Companies carrying on a trade are entitled to claim a tax write-off for the capital cost of purchasing or developing qualifying intangible assets. Through our knowledge and experience in this area we can advise on issues such as
- identifying intangible assets that qualify for the reliefs
- maximizing relief available under the new intangible asset regime
- advising on qualifying deduction for IP purposes
- advising on optimal use of licensing using Ireland IP regime
- identification and valuation of IP
We also work closely with Intellectual Property solicitors to identify and value intellectual property assets.
Please call or email us today if you need further information on Ireland’s Intellectual Property Regime or on any of the above.
To arrange a free consultation or to use our free online query and advice service click here.